Monday, February 21, 2011

A step in some kind of direction

My first blog post. It's a rather auspicious moment. I don't think that there are enough hours in the day to say everything that runs through my head. Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night, only to realize that a persistent thought is what has woken me up. They aren't all deep and profound thoughts. One night, I woke up singing "Part of that That World" from "The Little Mermaid." I greatly reduced my time spent listening to the Broadway Pandora station after that. In any case, my name is Patricia, and I'll be your host for this... adventure, for lack of a better word. I live in Miami. No, I do not know any of Kardashians, I don't have fake boobs or a convertible, and I'm not always hanging out in South Beach (which incidentally, what they show on TV is like a couple of blocks on Ocean. That's it). I do however have fabulous hair. It flows in the wind and catches the sunlight. It's the Dominican in me. We're known worldwide for our mad hair-doing skills. Yep, I'm Dominican. Born and raised and proud of it. I'm also proud of being an immigrant and of how far I've come and what I've accomplished. 

As far as my career, it's kind of non-existant at this point. Well, not really non-existant. I have a job, I work at a University, but like most everyone, it's not what I want to do. I want to work in Marketing and Distribution for a studio/production company. I know, everyone wants to work in the movies. Everyone is a writer/actor/director. All true. I'm none of those things. I'm not a closet actress, and I have no desire whatsoever to be the next hot director. I love marketing, I love taking something and trying to figure out how to get a customer for it and sell it. I want to sit with a team, have a script or a finished film and try to figure out how to sell it. I'd eventually like to Produce, maybe get into teaching at the University level. But Marketing is the one thing that I want to get into at the moment. I know, kinda boring. But hey, to each it's own. 

So this is what this blog will be. My quest to get my foot in the door and make my way into the business and what I want to do, and how it affects my life along the way. And also, my random rambling thoughts. Because those are always fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment